CND Cymru is campaigning non-violently to eradicate the world of nuclear and all weapons of mass destruction, and to create real security for future generations.
We will co-operate with other Welsh, British and international peace movements, but focus on Britain’s nuclear weapons, because we elect the politicians who vote on these weapons, and we pay for the weapons this through our taxes.
We specifically campaign for:
- Abolition of the Trident nuclear weapons system by the UK government, and against the development, purchase or deployment of other nuclear weapons, or permitting the placement of any foreign nuclear weapons on British land, in British aerospace, or in British waters
- Getting the UK Government to sign and ratify the Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty (TPNW)
- Full international obedience to the TPNW, the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), and the Biological Weapons Convention (BWC)
- The nuclear power industry has been replaced by renewable energy technologies, due to the links between the ‘civil’ and military nuclear industries, and the part that nuclear power has played in the spread of nuclear weapons
- Peaceful resolution of all conflicts, recognizing that justice, respect for human rights, and environmental sustainability are essential for lasting peace
We aim to:
- Change Government policies to ensure the abolition of Britain’s nuclear weapons, which will make a major contribution to global disarmament
- Stimulate a widespread public debate on the need for alternative avenues than military efforts to resolve conflicts
- Empower people to participate actively in the political process and to work for a nuclear-free and peaceful future
CND Cymru relies on funding for members and supporters. You can help by supporting us.