To propose that the Senedd:
1. Deplores the invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation.
2. Expresses solidarity with the people of Ukraine.
3. Recognises the suffering of the Ukrainian people through loss of life and injury, paying the price for this horrific war.
4. Acknowledges the rights of NATO to defend its members and supports the Ukrainian Government in the defence of their country.
5. Welcomes the action by the Welsh Government to provide humanitarian aid to those in need and safe refuge for those fleeing the conflict.
6. Calls on the UK Government to urgently:
a) introduce an expedited visa process to ensure simple, fast, safe and legal routes to sanctuary in the UK;
b) remove the requirement for Ukrainians to provide biometric evidence prior to leaving Ukraine;
c) provide further detail about the resettlement schemes and consequent funding that will be needed to support resettlement efforts.
7. Acknowledges that this conflict increases the risk of a nuclear war and the fear of nuclear war amongst people in Wales and beyond, and therefore calls on all states, including the nuclear states to sign and ratify the United Nations Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons which came into force in January 2021, and which would prevent such a threat in future.
The motion as amended was agreed. (9th March 2022)
You can see how Members of the Senedd voted here